Nasir Frustrated Over Unpaid Dues, Questions Franchise Management
97 Repoter: Nazifa Tasnim
Publish: 5 hours ago Update: 11 minutes ago-
1
Schedule Announced for Bangladesh-Pakistan ODI Series, Two Teams to Face Off in March
-
2
Salauddin Exposes Truth on World Cup Issue, Calls Asif Nazrul a Liar
-
3
Harbhajan Angered by Amirs Remarks, Former Indian Spinner Backs Abhishek
-
4
Meghlas spin routs Pakistan as Tigresses storm into the final
-
5
Emotional Farewell for Trott as Afghan Camp Pays Tribute, Says Rashid
Nasir Frustrated Over Unpaid Dues, Questions Franchise Management
Nasir Frustrated Over Unpaid Dues, Questions Franchise Management
Even long after the curtains came down on the BPL, the payment complications remain unresolved. Like several other cricketers, Nasir Hossain has yet to receive his full remuneration. The experienced all-rounder, who represented Dhaka Capitals, revealed that he has received only one-fourth of his contracted amount, with the remaining portion still uncertain. According to him, such situations are damaging to the country’s image.
Speaking out on Friday regarding the payment issue, Nasir made a direct comment about his dues, saying, “I have received 25 percent. The remaining 75 percent is still pending. I have no regrets, but I feel that players whose pockets are empty should not be given a team. I don’t know what the management thinks when they select such players.”
He further expressed concern over the broader impact of such incidents, stating, “This is not just affecting us, it is harming the reputation of the entire country. Because foreign players come here. They go abroad and talk about how payments are poor and franchises in Bangladesh are mismanaged.”
Nasir also mentioned that players remain in communication internally regarding the outstanding payments. However, beyond repeated assurances, there has been no concrete progress so far. Explaining the situation, he said, “We have a group for the entire team. We send messages nicely in the group. They say it will happen tomorrow—or the day after, something like that.”
When asked about the board’s stance, Nasir referred to the assurance given by a board official, saying, “Mithu (Iftikhar) Bhai has assured us. As far as I know, they will probably look into it within this month. If they still cannot pay within this month, I think they will settle the payments from Dhaka’s bank guarantee. We may receive the payment a little later.”
